To my Valued Patients,
You should anticipate noticing the following protective efforts when you enter our dental office:
- Increased efforts to disinfect throughout our office and waiting area. We will be wiping down touch screens after each use and regularly disinfecting bathrooms, furniture, doors, handles, counters and other frequently touched surfaces.
- Strict disinfecting protocol in our exam rooms. We will be appropriating more time between patients. We will continue to disinfect with a chemical germicide between each patient appointment.
- Increased Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all team members who provide dental care. Gowns, face shields, N95 masks and head covering will be utilized.
- Aerosol control through High Volume Evacuation (HVE) during dental procedures. We have invested in your safety with the PureVac HVE system which alone helps remove more than 90% of aerosols created during procedures. (This is in addition to our current high volume evacuation system)
- Rubber dam isolation. We will use a rubber dam to isolate the tooth/teeth to be treated during the procedure.
- Disinfecting rinse. We will provide a 1.5% flavored hydrogen peroxide rinse for you to swish prior to all procedures.
In addition to our efforts, we ask for your cooperation and support with the following temporary safety measures as we work through this ever-changing situation:
- All patients will be asked to answer a screening questionnaire prior to arrival. Appointments will be rescheduled if a risk of patient transmission of illness has been determined.
- Maintain social distancing practices in our reception room, including with our office staff.
- Wait in your car upon arrival if possible. Give us a call to let us know you’ve arrived and we’ll notify you when we’re ready for you to come in. (If you do not have a cell phone we will check for your arrival)
- Immediately wash your hands upon arrival.
- Infrared fever screening system. We will use a forehead thermometer which will measure your temperature in one second.
- Please do not bring friends or relatives who do not have a scheduled appointment. Only scheduled patients will be allowed in the treatment and common areas. (Exceptions may apply)
- Our office will be cooler than usual, so we ask that you please dress accordingly as blankets
will no longer be provided.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we partner together to improve safety measures when you return to our practice. We promise to keep you updated through this dynamic situation. In the meantime, maintain good oral care and we look forward to making you smile again soon!
Dr. Jim Lipton and Team