Solution For Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Did you know that millions of Americans suffer from sleep apnea?
Obstructive sleep apnea is a common condition that negatively affects your health and quality of life. It is caused when the tongue, jaw or some other oral obstruction blocks the airway during sleep. This results in periods of interrupted breathing and over time, can have a severe impact on your overall health.
Oral appliance therapy is a leading treatment for obstructive sleep apnea, and Dr. Lipton is highly trained in delivering this service. He can create a custom oral appliance that holds the jaw and tongue forward, in order to promote better airflow during sleep.
You can Trust Dr. Lipton
The clinical practice guideline for treatment of OSA recommends a qualified dentist with experience, training and knowledge in OSA as the dental provider of choice to provide oral appliance therapy. Dr. Lipton became board certified in 2008 by the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine and possesses the technical skill, vast experience, acquired knowledge, and proper judgment necessary to successfully deliver oral appliance therapy.
If you’re looking for a dentist that treats you right the first time and delivers high-quality, life-changing results, you’re in the right hands.
Credentials & Experience
- Board certified diplomate in sleep disordered breathing, specifically obstructive sleep apnea
- One of only 325 dentists in the world with board certification by the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
- The only dentist in Northwest Indiana who holds this prestigious certification
- Has treated hundreds of oral appliances cases
- Has spent time observing and interacting with patients in an accredited sleep laboratory
Dr. Lipton's extensive training allows him to confidently and effectively provide therapy for patients who snore or have sleep apnea. Rest assured, you will receive the highest quality of care from a nationally recognized dental sleep specialist when you visit Dr. Lipton.
Standards of Quality
When you come to Dr. Lipton for a Mandibular Advancement Device (MAD), your initial appointment will consist of a detailed history and physical examination of the oral-pharynx, nasal-pharynx, and dentition. Only after this evaluation will Dr. Lipton determine whether you are a good candidate for therapy.
Our standard of excellence doesn’t end at the diagnosis. Everything is then planned correctly. There are a multitude of considerations taken into account to determine the appropriate MAD to be fabricated. Additionally, precise measurements of the vertical and horizontal components of the maxilo-mandibular relationship are taken digitally to ensure that once the device is received, we will be able to measure and adjust your device to satisfaction in the shortest period of time possible.
Philosophy of Care
While he is extremely detailed and precise, Dr. Lipton’s philosophy of care extends beyond a proper diagnosis. Dr. Lipton believes that the best form of care stems from individualized treatment.
Your care will include:
- Evaluation of your sleep study
- One-on-one history and discussion of your specific needs
- Clinical evaluation of your oral and nasal airways and dentition
- Evaluation of your dental X-rays
- Fabrication of a very specific and precise Mandibular Advancement Device(MAD) to make you sleep better and breathe easier
- Thorough patient education
From creating your treatment plan to scheduling follow-up visits, your care is in the hands of expertsMore Services